Important Information — Policies-
• No Membership Fee
• Year around Riding Programs are given in our heated Indoor arena or in one of our unique multiple outdoor riding venues. We are able to ride in any kind of weather Wisconsin brings our way!
• Lessons are offered 7 days a week along with evening hours. Check Calendar/Events for times.
• To schedule a lesson, Fill out the form on the page of what lesson you're looking into.
• Payments are due beginning of the lessons; we accept Cash, checks, Credit Cards; MasterCard, Visa, Discover — Pay Pal
• If a rider arriving late for a lesson will receive a shortened lesson but will still be responsible for the full cost of the lesson.
• Each rider learns new skills at his and her own pace.
• Proper Attire
• All riders must sign Liability waiver
• All riders must review, sign and follow barn rules
• All lesson packages, except the four consecutive lesson package option, must be used within 1 year from the date of purchase. The four consecutive lesson package must be used within 30 days of purchase.
• Cell phones are not allowed in the stables at anytime unless authorized by the owner or instructor of the barn. Please leave your cell phone in your car or you may check it in at the stable store. We are very strict about this policy, because we want to ensure the safety of all riders and horses.
• Cancellation Policy-Madison Riding Academy requires 24 hour notice to cancel a riding lesson. Failure to give 24 hour notice will result in forfeiture of lesson time and fee. No refund or credit will be given for failure to cancel or complete a lesson session.
• Increment Weather Plan--If there is bad weather we will follow the Madison protocol.
We would love to meet you. The horses are waiting!
Looking forward on making your goals and dreams to come true!
EST. 1965 Dan, Marlene & Neva La Fleur West side Madison, WI riding programs
For the Novice Rider on a Friday evening from 5pm-8pm
Ages: Tiny Tot with Adult
7 ages - Adults
Learn the STEPS and taking the TIME to embrace your passion with YOU and the HORSE.
Attire must wear long pants and sturdy shoes (closed toe shoe). Stables has helmets.
1. Understanding how to lead a horse
2. Stand a horse on a lead
3. Understand the horses confirmation and how they communicate.
3. Grooming -- Brushing, picking horses hooves
4. Tacking up the horses with Saddle, Saddle pad, girth, (instructor will bridle the horse)
5. Learn the basic of riding; walking with correct form and steering
6. Taking care of the horse after riding
7. Barn and stall care
We want YOUR experience with the HORSE a Positive and taking your Ability at the level you feel comfortable.
July 20 (Swimming + $20 extra until 9pm) July 27 August 3 (Swimming + $20 extra until 9pm)
August 24 September 14 September 21 September 28
October 5 October 12 October 19 November 2 November 9 November 16