EST. 1965 Dan, Marlene & Neva La Fleur West side Madison, WI
Like people, HORSES are social beings whose herd dynamics are remarkably similar to the
Join Summer & Holiday Camps for a fun filled week of horsemanship, games, crafts, and friends.
During these camps kids will learn:
Ages: Young children through 17 years old
Camp Hours: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. However, you can drop your child off at 8:00 am and pick him/her up from 3:00-4:00 pm.
Camp Fees: 1 day = $100
5 days = $400
**Payment is due on the first day of the session.
** All fees must be paid in advance and are not refundable for missed days.
Staff: Instructors at the stables are selected for their skills and experience with horses and campers.
Snacks and Lunches: Campers who attend the full day of camp need to bring their own lunch; there is a refrigerator available, if needed. Cold water will always be available at the stables.
Sunscreen / Insect repellent: Campers are responsible for supplying and applying their own sunscreen and insect repellent.
Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Personal Property:LaFleur Stables / Madison Riding Academy is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal property; including, but not limited to clothing. Campers are discouraged from bringing personal items beyond what is necessary for the day. Please refrain from bringing cell phones or other mobile devices; or be sure to keep them in a safe place, during camps time there will be no time for devices to be used unless on a break.
Important Information — Policies-
• No Membership Fee
• Year around Riding Programs are given in our heated Indoor arena or in one of our unique multiple outdoor riding venues. We are able to ride in any kind of weather Wisconsin brings our way!
• Lessons are offered 7 days a week along with evening hours. Check Calendar/Events for times.
• To schedule a lesson, Fill out the form on the page of what lesson you're looking into.
• Payments are due beginning of the lessons; we accept Cash, checks, Credit Cards; MasterCard, Visa, Discover — Pay Pal
• If a rider arriving late for a lesson will receive a shortened lesson but will still be responsible for the full cost of the lesson.
• Each rider learns new skills at his and her own pace.
• Proper Attire
• All riders must sign Liability waiver
• All riders must review, sign and follow barn rules
• All lesson packages, except the four consecutive lesson package option, must be used within 1 year from the date of purchase. The four consecutive lesson package must be used within 30 days of purchase.
• Cell phones are not allowed in the stables at anytime unless authorized by the owner or instructor of the barn. Please leave your cell phone in your car or you may check it in at the stable store. We are very strict about this policy, because we want to ensure the safety of all riders and horses.
• Cancellation Policy-Madison Riding Academy requires 24 hour notice to cancel a riding lesson. Failure to give 24 hour notice will result in forfeiture of lesson time and fee. No refund or credit will be given for failure to cancel or complete a lesson session. Camps must give a written-email two week prior to camp week.
• Increment Weather Plan--If there is bad weather we will follow the Madison protocol.
Parent Visits: Parents and family are welcome to discuss with the staff about coming to watch their child(ren) during camp. Yes, we have riding demonstrations throughout the year on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning between 9:00 am and 12:00 noon. If you would like to watch your child ride, Thursday and / or Friday are best; however, be sure to inform the instructor that you will be observing. Cameras should be on hand! Campers will return home in the evenings full of great horse tales and ready for bed!
If child becomes ill: Our staff will place the child in a room and call the parent with the situation. Please make sure you child is not allergic to horses, hay, cats, or dogs.
Types of horses used at camp: All of the horses with which we teach the riding lessons vary in skill and temperament, from those suited for very beginners to those suited for riders who compete nationally.
Camp Goals :
Camp Activities :
We would love to meet you. The horses are waiting!
Looking forward on making your goals and dreams to come true!
HOLIDAY CAMPS -- Ages 5 - Adults
SUMMER CAMPS -- Ages 8 - Adults
ELITE EQUITATION TEAM -- Ages 12 - Adults