EST. 1965 Dan, Marlene & Neva La Fleur West side Madison, WI
As much as we appreciate all of our helpers, our main mission is SAFETY! Helping at the barn is a wonderful opportunity to learn – and it’s a huge help to us. But we can NEVER, EVER forget that safety comes first.
Physical Requirements: All Volunteer should be able to meet the following requirements:
Able to stand for over an hour at time
Able to bend, twist, stretch and lift in order to clean stalls, horse's hooves, apply leg wraps, etc.
Able to push a fully loaded wheelbarrow for distances
Able to carry and hang a full five gallon water bucket
Able to vigorously groom a horse for periods of time longer than 15 minutes
Able to lift and carry and raise above a horse's back to 50lbs
Able to monitor (watch, listen, and observe) horses and other riders for safety and training issues.
When riding, you must always:
PASTURE SAFETY AND RULES!
BEFORE LEAVING THE STABLES:
ASAW Scholarship-- $2,000
UPHA Maria Knight Scholarship $10,000
Equestrian Colleges with Saddleseat Riding
UW- Madison Madison, WI (our Stables is nearby)
William Woods Fulton, MO
Stephens College Columbia, MO
Yes we love to support and watch a young person grow by helping out at the stables. Just fill out the form to
what your best Qualities and how you can help at the stables. Saturday's are days for volunteering.
Important Information — Policies-
• No Membership Fee
• Year around Riding Programs are given in our heated Indoor arena or in one of our unique multiple outdoor riding venues. We are able to ride in any kind of weather Wisconsin brings our way!
• Lessons are offered 7 days a week along with evening hours. Check Calendar/Events for times.
• To schedule a lesson, Fill out the form on the page of what lesson you're looking into.
• Payments are due beginning of the lessons; we accept Cash, checks, Credit Cards; MasterCard, Visa, Discover — Pay Pal
• If a rider arriving late for a lesson will receive a shortened lesson but will still be responsible for the full cost of the lesson.
• Each rider learns new skills at his and her own pace.
• Proper Attire
• All riders must sign Liability waiver
• All riders must review, sign and follow barn rules
• All lesson packages, except the four consecutive lesson package option, must be used within 1 year from the date of purchase. The four consecutive lesson package must be used within 30 days of purchase.
• Cell phones are not allowed in the stables at anytime unless authorized by the owner or instructor of the barn. Please leave your cell phone in your car or you may check it in at the stable store. We are very strict about this policy, because we want to ensure the safety of all riders and horses.
• Cancellation Policy-Madison Riding Academy requires 24 hour notice to cancel a riding lesson. Failure to give 24 hour notice will result in forfeiture of lesson time and fee. No refund or credit will be given for failure to cancel or complete a lesson session.
• Increment Weather Plan--If there is bad weather we will follow the Madison protocol.
We would love to meet you. The horses are waiting!
Looking forward on making your goals and dreams to come true!